Monday, December 5, 2011

If You're Gonna Do it...Then DO IT BIG!

Dsport, S3, Modified you ready?!  I've finally decided to build a magazine quality car rather than doing short, half-assed cars that I eventually get bored of.  That's right I'm tearing apart my S14 that I've put so much time, money & love into!
Announcing my new build.
As for the engine I've decided & already purchased a 1JZ non-VVTi longblock.  I plan to do a mildly built head with all the necessary hardware & gaskets.  Keeping the block stock aside from hardware bolted next to it will be all new OEM Toyota accessories & a turbo that'll suck your babies up outta their high chairs!  That will be mated to a R154 5spd Toyota transmission with a hefty clutch to hold all the ponies.  I'll be shooting for 700'ish hp with a full standalone and all the required goodies.

Not only will my SR be going bye bye and replaced with Toyota hottness, but the entire chassis will be getting a makeover.  Most notably will be the full RHD swap, custom built roll cage, roof replaced and the entire car redone & repainted to standout in the 240 fanboy crowd.  There will be a good bit of challenges since there aren't too many experiences with RHD 1JZ setups in s-chassis but I'll be sure to stay ontop of it.  Did I mention I'll be tucking everything & having Tweak'd Performance build me a custom harness?  


Don't think I've forgotten about suspension...  All the older/outdated/used parts will be sold & replaced with the newest items.  Hopefully SPL Pro Suspension will let me test & advertise their new line of Titanium products because I'm very interested in those.  Also I'll be going with a larger brake setup this year & just all around baller things that you wish you could own.

Any & all help with this build would be appreciated.  I'm open to sponsors of any size along with a handful of people to fall back on & lend a hand through this beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment