Thursday, January 12, 2012

Making It Stop

I've decided that the Z32 brake setup that I have been running is going to be replaced with something larger.  I was doing a bit of research and came across this used combo from Raw Brokerage that included Brembo Evo8 calipers, adaptor brackets, slotted rotors & Agency Power brake lines.  It kicks my front rotors from 11" to 13" and also with a much larger caliper with larger internal pistons.  Giving me more stopping power & will fill my 18" rims nicely. 



The only downfall I'm really seeing is the massive weight of the new rotors, they weigh a staggering 17.75lbs each!  I'm looking to upgrade to a set of Baer Eradispeed Plus 2 piece rotors that shave them down to 15.80lbs each.  STM did a dyno test with their Evo using these rotors.  They found that the less rotational weight will actually MAKE power throughout the entire powerband and saw +12 HP and +7 TQ!  I'll also be powdercoating the calipers & polishing the lines.


Evo8 rotors vs stock rotors.


On a side note I spent 3 days "Spring Cleaning" the shop...  I filled up 3 large trash cans full of parts & items I just nolonger wanted around.  Here's the final result...

No comments:

Post a Comment